Wednesday, April 29, 2015


You Are Not Alone

Last week was National Infertility Week, themed "You Are Not Alone".  I love this theme! I think a lot of the couples or individuals going through infertility can feel very alone.

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do this year to spread awareness. Then in the beginning of April I saw that CNN was asking for stories about infertility. I am not sure what inspired me to submit our story, but I did. I even forgot to ask Zac before hand...oops! Good thing he is okay with this sort of stuff. :)

Our story wasn't featured, but it can still be found on their website....here. I had never really directly said that we were dealing with infertility on Facebook. I had shared links to articles about infertility,but I had never directly said it...until now. I share our story from CNN along with a briefly explanation about our struggle.

I was completely overwhelmed with the response that I received. I felt so loved! I had so many Facebook friends (some that I hadn't talked to in a while) tell me that they were praying for me or that they were going through the same thing! It is amazing when you decide to open up, you truly discover that you are not alone!

If I have learned anything in the last three and a half years, it is that I am not alone. I have had friends, family and God rally around Zac and I. There are people everywhere going through hard things. I can guarantee that everyone you meet is fighting their own battle. Whether it be infertility, death, addiction, poverty, etc. they have their struggles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment